Taro "Potato" Salad
- 4 cups diced dry land taro
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 dill pickle minced
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegan mayo
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh
Add in Variations:
- For crunchy taro salad, add more celery or chopped cabbage to the salad.
- Lightly cooked green beans with a can of sliced water chestnuts for crunch and lots of dill.
- A pretty confetti salad with cooked carrot coins and chopped cooked beets added at the end, omit pickle.
Cook diced taro in medium sauce pan until fork tender. (Taro needs to be cooked or you can get an itchy throat) usually about 12-15 minutes drain and cool. Toss the white vinegar over the taro. Add chopped onion, celery and pickle, salt and dill or other vegetable variations. Mix in a large spoonful of mayo and coat ingredients, add another spoonfu of mayo or vinegar as needed. Chill and serve.